TYPES AND SOURCES OF INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We collect information about you, including nonpublic personal information, from the following sources:
(1) Information we receive from you on your application for insurance, as well as other forms related to your insurance with us;
(2) Information about your transactions with us, our affiliates or others which may include your payment and payment history, claims history and investigation files, and policy coverages and limits;
(3) Information from our insurance companies and other insurance companies;
(4) Information we receive from consumer reporting agencies, such as credit reports or credit scores;
(5) Information we receive from governmental agencies or independent reporting agencies, which may include motor vehicle reports, claims reports and property inspections; and
(6) Information we receive from medical records or medical professionals;
OUR USE OF THE INFORMATION WE COLLECT ABOUT YOU
We use the information we collect about you, including the nonpublic personal information, only for purposes of effecting, administering, enforcing and servicing your insurance with us. We do not disclose any nonpublic personal information about you to any affiliated or non-affiliated third parties, except as permitted by law. We may provide information about you to insurance companies, glass companies, body shops, Registry of Motor Vehicle, claims service companies, appraisers, adjusters, and other businesses that provide underwriting support or services to you.
INFORMATION WE MAY DISCLOSE TO THIRD PARTIES:
In the course of our general business practices, we may disclose the information that we collect (as described above) about you or others, without your permission to the following types of institutions for the reasons described:
(1) To a third party if the disclosure will enable that party to perform a business, professional or insurance function for us;
(2) To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency, in order to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud or misrepresentation in connection with an insurance transaction;
(3) To an insurance institution, agent, or credit reporting agency for either this agency or the entity to whom we disclose the information to perform a function in connection with an insurance transaction involving you;
(4) To a medical care institution or medical professional in order to verify coverage or benefits, inform you of a medical problem of which you may not be aware, or conduct an audit that would enable us to verify treatment;
(5) To an insurance regulatory authority, law enforcement, or other governmental authority in order to protect our interests in preventing or prosecuting fraud, or if we believe that you have conducted illegal activities;
(6) To a group policyholder for the purpose of reporting claims experience or conducting an audit of our operations or services;
(7) To an actuarial or research organization for the purpose of conducting actuarial or research studies.
ACCESS TO YOUR INFORMATION
You have the right to obtain certain items of information we have collected about you, and to request correction of information if you feel it is inaccurate. If we agree, we will correct our records accordingly. If we do not agree, we will communicate this to you. You should submit your written request to us at the address shown below.
OUR PRACTICES REGARDING INFORMATION, CONFIDENTIALITY, AND SECURITY
We restrict access to nonpublic personal information about you to those employees who need to know that information in order to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards to guard your nonpublic personal information.
RESERVATION OF THE RIGHT TO DISCLOSE INFORMATION IN UNFORESEEN CIRCUMSTANCES
In connection with a potential sale or transfer of its interests, Duble & O’Hearn Insurance, a division of Fred C. Church, Inc. and its affiliates reserve the right to sell or transfer your information to a third party entity that: (1) concentrates its business in a similar practice or service; (2) agrees to be Duble & O’Hearn Insurance, a division of Fred C. Church, Inc.’s successor in interest with regard to the maintenance and protection of the information collected; and (3) agrees to the obligations of this privacy statement.
Duble & O’Hearn Insurance, a division of Fred C. Church, Inc.
54 Trumbull Street
New Haven , CT 06510